Privacy & Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text ﬁles that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Ceiba Tree uses this information for statistical purposes to keep track of actions performed by visitors on our website, and to improve and personalize the user’s experience of the website.
Cookies may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”), which are small invisible images on a web page or in an email, help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
How do cookies and similar technologies interact with your devices?
When you visit our site, we will ask your browser for permission to save cookies to your computer. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that some aspects of the site may not work as well if you remove or reject cookies. If you are in the European Union or the UK, when you first visit our site, we will ask your permission to set certain non-essential cookies and other similar technologies on your device. It is entirely up to you whether you consent or not (although some aspects of the site may not work as well if you do not consent), and you can change your mind at any time. See How to manage your cookies below for more details.
We use first-party and third-party cookies on our site. Some of these cookies will stay on your computer or device only for as long as you are on the site, while others may last longer, unless you delete them. Please read on for more details about the types of cookies we use.
What cookies are used on ceibatree.com?
The cookies we use fall into one of the following categories:
Category of cookies
Why we use these cookies
We use these cookies to ensure our site functions properly. They are necessary for our services to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our services will not work without them. Like the other cookies we use, strictly necessary cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For instance, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
Performance / Analytical
We use these cookies to count visits and traffic so we can understand, measure and improve the performance of our site. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements. For instance, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful to you, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites and social media. These may be used by advertisers to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites.
These cookies are set by social media services, such as Facebook and Instagram, that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. They do not allow us to gain access to your social media accounts. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
If you visit a page which we maintain on a social media site, such as Facebook, it is likely that cookies will also be deployed on your device. The social media site deploys these cookies, even on the pages we maintain, so you will need to use the settings provided by the social media site to change your cookie preferences on these sites.
How to manage your cookies?
- You can withdraw your consent to certain non-essential cookies at any time by altering your settings on http://www.ceibatree.com. Please note that your cookie preferences apply only to the browser where you set such preferences, so if you use multiple browsers or devices, you will have to set your cookie preferences on each browser, on each device. If you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to reset your cookie preferences for that browser on that device.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies (visit your browser’s Help page for more information). If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google or other third-party platforms that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google or the third-party platforms ad settings.
- Additionally, third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see customized ads.